Between work, taking care of family, and running back and forth to activities and commitments, it can be tough to find time to deep clean your house. The good news is that once you get a house cleaning system in place, you can keep your home clean with just a few minutes of work each day.
The best way to start is to tackle one room at a time. If you have a limited amount of time, choose the room that makes the biggest impact. That is usually the kitchen:
- First, put away any clutter on the counters.
- Slide the toaster back into its cabinet.
- Put food away in the pantry.
- Gather up the school papers from the kitchen table.
- Next, empty the sink.
- Load the dirty dishes into the dishwasher and turn it on.
- Now, scrub out your sink. If your sink is stainless steel, scrubbing it quickly with an SOS pad can make a world of difference in how clean your kitchen appears.
- Quickly wipe down counters and tables with a disinfectant wipe.
- Run a swiffer over the floor, and the kitchen is done.
- Empty the small bathroom trash cans into the bigger kitchen can, and take all the trash outside.
- Bathroom counters tend to be a hot spot for gathering beauty products and other bottles and tubes of stuff. Gather up the lotions, toothpastes, shampoos, and makeup, and slide them away in a drawer or cabinet under the sink.
- Grab the towels and dirty clothes from the floor and toss them in the hamper.
- Make sure the shower curtain is closed.
- Hit the counters and toilet with an antibacterial wipe.
The two big jobs are out of the way. Now you need to de-clutter. Get your family involved. Have everyone spend five minutes walking around the house and picking up anything that belongs to them and putting it away. This is also a good time to have each person take their dirty laundry to the laundry room and put their clean laundry away in their dresser.
This daily quick clean should take less than 30 minutes each day. It’s also a good idea to try to do one load of laundry each day. Otherwise, it might take you all day on Saturday to get caught up. Now that you have a daily routine, you can make a schedule for the deeper cleaning that needs to be done periodically.
It is helpful to designate each day of the week to tackle a larger or irregular chore. For example, try this schedule:
- Monday : vacuum carpets, sweep and mop tile or wood floors
- Tuesday : change and wash bedding
- Wednesday : deep clean the kitchen (scrub inside microwave, clean the top of the stove and wash grates, clean out the fridge)
- Thursday : deep clean bathrooms (scrub inside toilets, wash the floor, and shine mirrors)
- Friday : laundry catch up
- Saturday : dust furniture, vacuum upholstery
This schedule is just a starting point. We all have a limited amount of time to dedicate to cleaning. You should determine what tasks are most important to you and develop your own cleaning checklist based on those priorities.
Even with the best schedule, it’s easy to fall behind on your cleaning. The easiest way to stay on top of it is with a professional cleaning service. At Service Plus of AZ, we specialize in keeping homes and businesses spotless. We offer complete house cleaning services that will ensure your space stays spotless, no matter how busy you are. Serve Scottsdale and all of the Phoenix Valley. Call Service Plus of AZ today to learn more about how our services can help you. (480) 736-3958.